Friday, January 08, 2010

Irritation

I just discovered the perfect ending to the most frustrating day in a craptacular week. Standing out in the cold for 45+ minutes waiting for a bus that's scheduled to come every half hour. How the hell does that happen? I can guarantee that traffic didn't get exponentially worse between busses. I can only chalk this up to fate giving me the finger one last time this week. I assume the bus will get in an accident as the coup de gras.

Anyway at this point I just want to get home, put on some slippers, warm up & dry out. Maybe watch a movie. I certainly won't play any Madden football, that will only further angry up the blood. I don't have it in me tonight but tomorrow I think I'll head down to the dojo and beat the hell out of the heavy bag.

In other news, this is my first foray into posting via my cell phone telephone. I'll have to check later to see how many spelling errors I've managed to compile. With any luck it's not too eggregious. It sure takes a long time though.

Wrapping things up will be my two sentence review of Avatar. I saw it last weekend and visually it's pretty spectacular, but the story was a heavy handed earth worship / evil white men forcibly taking the noble native's land fiasco. It was delivered with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer. I have heard it referred to as Pocahantas in space. It could have been so much better. I find it a little ironic that despite the overbearing unity with nature & living a simple life themes that it is one of the most heavily marketed movies in recent memory. What better way to display your love for nature than by getting the Avatar happy meal, video game, t-shirt, space marine toy, etc...

No comments: