Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year's Resolution

After getting killed in the first volleyball game of the season on Thursday followed by a pretty solid beating in the first flag football game of the season today, I've decided that my lack of height is a detriment.  And so my New Year's resolution is to grow 4 inches taller.  Or failing that, increase my vertical leap by 4 inches.  Whichever is easier.  With performance enhancing drugs all the rage these days, I assume something is out there which will help me grow.  I have received some emails in my spam folder which offer pills which promise 4 inches of growth, however I don't believe the growth they are referring to is measured in height. 

In other news, I've gotten my annual illness out of the way.  I get sick once a year, although I don't remember getting sick in 2009.  Anyway, I woke up with a mild sore throat on Thursday and on Friday had to blow my nose a few times.  Then over the weekend, I've been coughing and sneezing on occasion and have been sleeping like there's no tomorrow.  I'm not sure that the sleeping wasn't making up for a lack of sleep during the week though.  Long story short, I fully expect to wake up Monday morning back to 100% and then I don't have another ailment planned until 2011. 

No comments: