Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's Too Cold

Do you know at what point you realize that the winter has been too long? For me it was when I saw an ad for a greenhouse and my first thought was, "hmmm, I wonder if that will fit on my deck? I could go outside and still stay warm. Not only that, but after society's inevitable collapse, I'll need somewhere to grow my own food since I don't have a garden." It's only 6' x 8', that might fit. Well, I'll spare you any more suspense. After looking around for my tape measure and realizing it wasn't where I thought it was, I managed to locate the box it was in. I don't remember putting it there, but no matter, it turns out my deck is only 5' wide. I didn't bother measuring the length at that point, but it is easily twice the required 8'.

Here are some other random thoughts for you. Were this crazy plan to work, it would also provide a convenient place for me to roast coffee without setting off a smoke alarm. I am also amused by some of the required tools for assembly. A partner - I'd have to borrow one of those from somewhere. Tape measure - I'm in good shape here now. Lubricant - I'm a little confused about what the lube would be used for. Work gloves - always a good idea when working with lube. Large hammer - I'm pretty fond of hitting things with a hammer, and a large one is more tempting. Yes, I'm pretty sure I couldn't assemble this without assistance.

No comments: