Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Place

In December and January, my job satisfaction was at an all time low and I had days where I actually considered packing up my stuff and going home. Well, with the job market as it is, I'm pretty happy I didn't, but after some introspection and talks with a few people, I've managed to find a way to cope with the inevitable irritation that arises throughout the day. When the anger begins to rise, I have found it very helpful to stop what I'm doing for a few minutes, take a deep breath, and go to my happy place.

Sadly, the persistent folks back at Liberty Mutual HQ continue to find new and innovative ways to track down my happy place and trash it. The latest atrocity came when I found out today that a bunch of the people on my floor were laid off today. Worst of all, I think that among them was the drop dead gorgeous woman down the hall was among them. This is a woman so attractive that sometimes I forget what I'm doing when I see her walk by. Now I'll probably never see her again. Just one more level of escapism I've been robbed of. I don't know how I'll survive.

2 comments:

The Chuckman said...

Tell her you know of a place that's hiring (in your pants.) Chicks dig that. ...have I mentioned I have no girlfriend? :p

Unknown said...

More solid advice from the Chuckman.

-man's man
ladie's man
lonely man