Monday, March 16, 2009

Coffee Cologne

Today's brilliant marketing idea is aimed squarely at Starbucks. The only brand I can think of that is more willing to shamelessly whore itself out and slap it's name on any piece of junk they can is the Simpsons. And since Starbucks is so shameless, I think this idea is perfect for them. I love the smell of coffee and got to thinking this afternoon that I'd enjoy smelling like coffee all day long. Hence, coffee cologne. And you can talk about pheromones all you like, but for my money there is no more powerful aphrodisiac than good old java. This is sure to be a big seller. So here's to hoping that one day in the near future, I'll see some Starbucks cologne on store shelves.

2 comments:

The Chuckman said...

This is Goddamn genius. How does this not already exist?

Unknown said...

I've been wondering that myself. I have to see about scheduling a meeting with Howard Schultz to discuss it with him.