Monday, October 13, 2008

Tofurkey

A friend confided in me today that she is going to have tofurky for Thanksgiving dinner. I personally have never tried it, but have been told by a few people that it tastes like ass. And not good ass either. Admittedly, the sample size is pretty small, so it could simply be that the people I've talked to are not representative of the population at large. And if you don't have tofurky for your Thanksgiving dinner, what meatless alternatives remain? I'm not a part of the meatless world and have no interest in becoming part of it, so it's up to my faithful 2 readers to provide some insight here. Actually, I've always been a little confused as to why you would want something that tastes like meat if you don't eat meat, but I'm only willing to take on one obstacle at a time here. That's all my feeble mind can comprehend.



3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

My husband Michael likes to call vegetarians...carnivores in denial. We are definitely a meat eating family so there will be no Tofurkey for Thanksgiving for us.

Anonymous said...

I tried it once...the person who offered me a sample assured me it tasted exactly like Turkey. I am pretty sure he had never had turkey before in his life.

The Chuckman said...

Tofurkey tastes like a butthole's butthole (if a butthole were to have a butthole of it's own.) I was really excited one Thanksgiving that my sister bought one of these loafs, and thought it would be a delicious non-animal sacrificing dinner treat. We just ate the rice instead. It was mortifyingly bad. It kind of had a stuffing pocket inside, and the outter layer was basically a dense bread layer that supposedly tasted like turkey. I've had turkey before, I like turkey, 'and you sir, are no turkey.'