Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gainfully Employed

Shaun Alexander once again has a job. After a great start, followed by a humiliating loss to the lowly Rams, the Washington Redskins have decided that one loss is enough to spur a flurry of moves, for the most part bringing on former Seahawks. In addition to Alexander, they also picked up Ryan Plackemeier and a safety who was with the team for about 25 minutes - Mike Green. The way things are going right now, I'm not sure Seahawks castoffs are the best way to improve your team. Anyway, I always liked Alexander and hope he does well in his new home.

The Seahawks also tried to improve themselves by picking up former Seahawks. I'm glad to say that Justin Forsett is now back. I think he's got a promising future ahead of him. He looked great in the preseason and I hope he gets a shot to return some kicks. It's just too bad that he had to come back at the expense of Michael Bumpus.

Finally, nothing makes me happier than seeing the evil Red Sox lose. The Rays beat the hell out of them tonight to take a 3-1 lead in the series. The end is nigh for the evil empire. Go Rays! I can only hope (in vain) that my beloved Dodgers can overcome their 3-1 deficit in their series. I don't think it's going to happen though after seeing them piss away a win last night. That was embarrassing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, no, no. The Evil Empire is the Yankees.

The Red Sox are more like the Evil Hooligans......

They are no way smart enough to organize an empire....

Unknown said...

Oh no, trust me the Red Sox are the evil empire. And a stupid evil empire at that, they can't even spell socks.

The Chuckman said...

I think what's far more important is that "The Force" is with us (Seattle) again. Good thing too, Indi needs him right now. :P

Alexander is a blip on WASH, Betts will be back, and Alexander won't be.