Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Need A Job

I've put off job hunting for too long, but refuse to put it off any longer. I've really had enough of my current job - I'm sure any of you Safeco employees, former Safeco employees, or friends of Safeco employees can empathize. And so it is that I swallow my pride and beg everyone out there to let me know of any good jobs out there. If you're company, or a company you know if is looking for a hard working super genius, please let me know. I live on the east side and would prefer to work closer to home. I don't really know what I want to do, but am hoping for a new challenge. I've been thinking about maybe software testing or financial planning. I'm a quick learner and I'm reliable (in 3+ years at Safeco, I've taken 2 sick days). Any leads would be appreciated, and hopefully there's a referral bonus in it for you too.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Do you still have my brother's info I sent you? He works for a temp agency and finds jobs for people.

The Chuckman said...

Children's Hosptial is always hiring and I'd be proud to recommend you from our days working together. Downside is that it's still on the west side of the water. A plus that more then makes up for it though, nurses, and nursing students! :D

Anonymous said...

MSFT? Don't you have a relative who works there? And who you went to high school with?

Unknown said...

Lyndsay - no, I don't have your brother's info anymore. Temping would really be a last resort for me.

Chuckman - depending on what else I can find, I may be putting you down as a reference. I'd like to work on the east side, but it all depends on what's available.

Pat - I actually know several MS employees and they have all told me that knowing someone there doesn't in any way help you get a job. I'm told that their legal department is really concerned about nepotism, so they go out of their way to not show favoritism. About the only thing they can do is let you know that a job is available.

Thank you all for the suggestions though. Except Pat.