Friday, June 19, 2009

Today's Mildly Interesting Anecdote

After arriving to work a few minutes later than scheduled because a driver on 520 didn't realize that sometimes it's a good idea to slow down a bit when the roads are wet and subsequently smashed into the guard rail on the southbound I-5 onramp causing traffic delays, I stopped off on the 8th floor as usual to get my morning coffee. Coffee in hand, I proceeded back over to the elevators to head up to my desk when I bumped into a young couple carrying suitcases. This is a little unusual in my office building, and the woman asked me how to get to the street level. I told her to push the "L" button for the Lobby and went on my merry way, confident in their ability to escape the clutches of Safeco Plaza with that information. I assume these folks entered the wrong building, thinking it was their hotel and then managed to get trapped, but don't really know for sure. I did find it rather amusing though, and were I a more hospitable person I would have given them directions to the nearest Starbucks as well so they could get a refreshing cup of coffee and a delicious chonga bagel. I would like one of those bagels right now come to think of it.

No comments: