Monday, December 29, 2008

Dentist

I finally got into the dentist today after more than a decade. I had a pretty impressive buildup of plaque and tarter in a few places, most notably behind the lower front teeth, but overall I had a pretty good prognosis all things considered. The bad news is that I do have 4 small cavities, but the dentist said that they are really just the start of cavities, not full blown cavities yet. Still, I have to get fillings. I had expected worse, so I can live with that.

The good news is that the office that I decided to go to had multiple attractive blond women working there. Some caused me discomfort, but I don't hold a grudge. At least one is looking forward to seeing me again in 6 months for my next checkup. At the moment, that's the closest thing I have to a girlfriend. That's not the reason I chose this dentist though, just a happy coincidence. This dentist was simply the closest to my house.

Sadly, I can't put off another trip for another decade. I can't help wondering why we have to spend so much time maintaining teeth though. People have lived for eons without dental care, is it our modern diet which wreaks so much havoc on our chompers? That's what I'm going with until I hear different.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a similar story (at least 10 years without a trip to the dentist) and similar results, about 4 fillings, two on each side.

I do have a guy I worked with who got away with the ten year thing and had no cavities. Lucky guy...

Unknown said...

It turns out there have been some changes in the dental sciences since the Clinton administration.