Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Olympics

As I've watched the Olympics this year I've realized something.  No, not that NBC's coverage sucks, I've known that for years and have lamented the fact that I can't watch on CBC.  No, I've realized that I don't really care about the winter games.  Even with the US getting a record medal haul, I find I'd rather watch something else or do something else.  I've watched a little down hill skiing, some speed skating, and some bobsledding.  Other than that it seems that the majority of televised events I have no interest in or loathe.  I don't care about hockey, cross country skiing, figure skating, or the biathlon.  And I'll be damned if I'm going to watch ice dancing or curling.  The recent Simpsons episode about curling even made me angry.  I think I have just about hit my limit on how many winter games I can watch.  I could watch some more bobsledding and the luge, but after that I think I'm done for the next 4 years.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Snow Board Cross--it will totally change how you view the Winter Olympics. (Ski Cross is good too, but not nearly as good as Snow Board Cross). And this is from someone who has little to no respect for people who wear jeans to compete in the Olympics.

Unfortunately, though, you'll have to wait 4 years since all the Snow Board Cross and Ski Cross events are over.

Pat said...

Is it me or does the Winter Olympics now resemble more a Nascar race then the best athletes in the world competing?

All we need is a sport where they can chew and spit at the Winter Olympics and we'll be set....

Pat said...

Is it me or does the Winter Olympics now resemble more a Nascar race then the best athletes in the world competing?

All we need is a sport where they can chew and spit at the Winter Olympics and we'll be set....