Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Big 1000

Welcome to post #1000. Since that seems like kind of a landmark, I've been thinking I should do something special, or at least not my usual crap. And trying to think of something interesting while being stressed out, burned out, and generally hating the world and everybody in it, particularly the Chuckman for claiming he could recruit a girl to play flag football and then failing to deliver on that promise, just led me to doing nothing for a month. Honestly, it was kind of a nice break since it seems I've been too busy or preoccupied with other things to even keep up with my friends sites. But now I'm back and the same as ever!

So the out of the ordinary thing I eventually came up with was throwing up a video of me butchering the Joe Satriani classic Tears In The Rain. Will this turn into a continuing series of me butchering songs or will it be a one off? Only time will tell. But for now, here's something that will make poor Satch roll over in his grave. I know what you're thinking - he's not dead yet. Well, this might just kill him.



In my defense, it's been a pretty long day and I'm tired now, not to mention suffering from a case of hot dog fingers and having a hair thing going on since I haven't gotten it cut in about 3 months, plus fighting an on going battle with run on sentences. A battle I seem to be losing. I had some other crap to complain about but my brain is beginning it's shut down sequence, so you lucked out for now. And I guess I won't brag about becoming a published author either. That will all have to wait for another day.

**Update**
It appears that the trashing of the Chuckman may have been premature. There's still time for her to back out or be a no show, but all indications are that the Chuckman has been able to procure a girl for this week's football game. All hail to the Chuckman. Ladies, please try to form an orderly single file line at his door.

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

That was awesome Scott. Nice that you are back!

Anonymous said...

That was quite impressive. Of course, I live in a house where the only things that are played on guitars are:
1 - Christmas Carols (all year!)
2 - the Star Wars theme
3 - the James Bond theme

And all of these are accompanied by the infamous "guitar face."

So, um, yeah, good job!

Anonymous said...

Those songs aren't easy, so I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. Just a little ;-)

The Chuckman said...

After weeks of silence, he comes back on and talks trash (false trash) about his boy, The Chuckman's, inability to get hot chicks to play on the team, which he did. :p (And as a bonus she can actually throw too!) I demand the promised retraction. I'm so pissed that despite not having sound on my computer here at work I've decided to heckle your performance on the guit-fiddle and say that if he were here, Joe would kick you in the Satch just for sucking it up that bad. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm still trying to perfect the guitar face. The ability to show determination, heart felt emotion, and constipation all with one look is amazing.