Monday, February 16, 2009

Congratulations!

Congratulations are in order for my cousin Pat and his wife Mel on the birth of their first child. The beautiful little girl was born on Friday the 13th and will soon start wearing a hockey mask and playing with knives. I think I'm technically a second cousin once removed, but I'm calling myself an uncle because it's easier. I'm really looking forward to getting to meet her. I got to see her on a webcam on Sunday and she is as beautiful as a baby can be. She was crying a lot, but Pat has that effect on a lot of women so I wasn't at all surprised by that. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that with those lungs she will be an opera singer when she grows up. And yes, I would prefer to listen to a crying baby than opera. Anyway, congratulations to the new proud parents, I couldn't be happier for you.

No comments: