Thursday, February 17, 2011

Costco Thursday

I just got home from Costco and it was the least crowded I've ever seen it.  Is it possible that Thursday night is the magic night, or is tonight just an anomaly?  Unfortunately though, the lack of a crowd didn't mean that there were no morons shopping there.  I nearly yelled at the guy who decided to pull his cart up next to the cart of the woman who was stopped looking at something, blocking the entire aisle just because he thought that was a convenient place to stop and chat with his wife.  Normally that type of offense is punishable by a running kick to the groins, but my kicking leg is currently out of order so he remains unpunished for his transgression.

I decided to get some Greek yogurt after being on the receiving end of some promotion that bordered on coercion from some friends and family who apparently have accepted positions with the Greek yogurt lobby.  I immediately tried it when I got home and I can honestly tell you that in a blind taste test I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this and any other yogurt.  I'm sure that I'll be told I got the wrong kind of Greek yogurt or some other excuse, but I remain unconvinced of it's superiority.

I sometimes find it interesting to look at other people's carts and see what they are buying.  Today I was intrigued by the gentleman who had a cart stacked high with nothing but toilet paper, garbage bags, and batteries.  I counted 12 of the 24 packs of toilet paper.  I don't know what that guy has been eating but I don't want any.  I assume he's a restauranteur or some other businessman, but the lack of other items is a trifle confusing. 

Saving the best for last, I bring you this glorious news.  Despite the fact that I already own a copy on DVD, I was unable to pass up buying a copy of This Is Spinal Tap on blu ray for the paltry sum of $9.99.  Anyone wishing to schedule a viewing of this comic masterpiece in glorious high definition on a 60" screen can feel free to contact me. 

2 comments:

The Chuckman said...

Could this ray get any more blu? And the answer is none. None-more blu. :D

Unknown said...

It's like looking at death.