Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Waffles

Today I surrendered to my waffle craving and headed over to Sweet Iron Waffles for lunch.  Looking over the menu, I decided the strawberry waffle was the one for me.  For $3.99 I received the pictured waffle.  Note the fork has been provided as a reference point for size.  As it turns out, four bucks doesn't buy you a very big waffle, so if you're going to eat there, you should have a contingency plan for additional food to fill you up.  I know what some of you are thinking - how did it taste - afterall, that's a very important factor to consider with any food purchase.  Well, it was ok.  I've had their bacon maple waffle before and thought, "meh" and that's why I haven't been back for more waffles in months.  Kind of the same thing here.  The waffle tasted kind of doughy and didn't have enough flavor to suite me.  I think it would have been better if it were a thinner, larger diameter, crispier waffle.  In addition, it could have used more strawberries and less whipped cream.  Overall, not great but certainly edible.  I'll probably return to this establishment on occasion but not frequently.  If you want some other opinions, here is what folks are saying on Yelp.

No comments: