Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Hate Comcast

I really do.  The current saga began in early November.  I received an offer in the mail to upgrade to Comcast's triple play service (TV, internet, and phone) with the monthly rate for the first year lower than I'm currently paying for just TV and internet.  It seemed like a good idea to me so I called to sign up.  The first CSR I talked to said he couldn't give me that deal because it wouldn't lower my bill, but he transferred me to customer service to talk to somebody who might be able to.  The person he transferred me to was completely clueless and couldn't find, or at least claimed she couldn't find that deal.  Eventually she agreed to give me said deal, however the earliest she could schedule an installer to come out and hook everything up was December 4th, nearly a month later.  Fine, whatever, I just wanted to get off the phone by this time.  My time wasted getting this done:  just over 25 minutes.

As you may have guessed, December 4th came and went with no contact from Comcast or the installer.  At one point my phone rang one time but the caller hung up before I could answer.  It was from a blocked number so this may or may not have been the installer.  Since this time I have been looking at other options from Direct TV, Dish Network, and Frontier Communications.  The only problem is that I'm extremely lazy.  I don't want to interrupt my service and I really don't want to have to change my email address.  Comcast is over priced and has unquestionably the worst customer service I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, but switching service is just such a pain in the ass.  I can't bring myself to call Comcast and spend another half hour on the phone talking with clueless people who hate their jobs and probably their miserable lives and really couldn't care less about my satisfaction.  Is it worth my time to email Comcast and threaten to cancel my service if they don't make things right, or should I just switch service without giving them another opportunity and just consider myself lucky that they didn't murder me which seems to be an increasingly common occurrence?

I welcome all advice and if there's one thing that you should take away from this, it's that Comcast blows. 

3 comments:

ComcastMike said...

Hi there,

My name is Mike and I work for Comcast. I apologize for the customer service difficulties you have had to deal with. I understand why you would be frustrated and I want to help. If you would like, send us an email. Please include a link to this page and contact information. We will look into this for you and somebody will contact you. Have a great day.

Best regards,
Mike Padgeon
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Jesse Taylor said...

I think my trials and tribulations with Comcast have been epic in the past, but if you find someone to work with you directly they are more than reasonable....but that's the rub. You have to drill past all the inefficiency and poorly trained CSRs to get a simple issue resolved.

Best of luck - contact ComcastMike as he should be able to help get this all sorted out. I think I worked with him when I went through all of my issues last year.

The Chuckman said...

First of all, who still has a landline?! Cancel that immediately; the taxes alone on a landline (which you also are stuck paying on your cell line anyways already) will make it worth it. If you want to reply with some reason you think you still need a landline than Comcast is already winning, trust me you don’t. To get deals WAY BETTER than the triple play (especially because of all the money you’ll save by just not having a landline) the key is to call the CANCEL YOUR SERVICE department. The only CSR’s worth their salt in the whole company are the ones they use to not let you leave! When you call and say you want to cancel your service because you found a cheaper deal elsewhere (bluff), THEN they try to talk you into staying by offering you the same rates as new customer deal (generally for 6 months.) It’s a pain in the ass to have to repeat this process every 6 months (and as you said, you’re lazy) but seriously, I pay about half of what the triple play deal is and have been for years. I get my internet for less, my cable for less (than either is AS PART OF TRIPLE PLAY) AND don’t pay anything for a landline because that’s just a waste of money, and they know it. The reason they advertise for that garbage so hard is because if you’re fool enough to pay for it they’re still making more money than they’d charge you if you were a new customer otherwise. :p