Thursday, December 23, 2010

Great Steak

Yesterday for lunch I decided to try the recently opened Philly cheesesteak restaurant just a few blocks from my office, Great Steak.  I decided to try the Original Philly Cheesesteak accompanied by some cheese fries.  It's a little pricey, $5.99 for a 7" sandwich and $7.99 for a foot long.  But for that price, you do get a tasty sandwich, and the 7" version was packed with enough meat to satisfy my appetite.  While the sandwich gets the coveted Craw Fu seal of approval, the same can not be said of the fries.  By the time I got back to my office the fries were stone cold and completely flavorless.  What's worse is that the extra fifty cents that you pay for the cheese fries over standard fries only buys you a small container of liquid cheese - not enough to dip all the supplied fries in.  I'm not a big fan of fake cheese. 

So I can heartily recommend the sandwiches and will sample some of the other menu items in the future.  I think one of the sandwiches with provolone sound delicious.  But if you make a trip down there, make sure to get a different side.  They had a salad on the menu, I think that's probably you're best bet. 

No comments: