Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ode To Lunch

After much deliberation this afternoon, I decided on a gyro for my lunchtime pleasure.  I couldn't have made a better choice.  For starters, when I walked down to Gyro's Place, there was a wonderful gentleman outside the Tully's who was kind enough to give me a sample of some freshly brewed Mocha Java.  Don't worry, it was a Tully's employee, not just some random guy on the street handing out coffee.  This was just a prelude to a good lunch. 

Fast forward to several minutes later when I am back at my desk with my gyro - as I devoured it like a starving man rather than the fat, out of shape tub I've become in recent months, I nearly fell to my knees and wept for joy as the tzatziki sauce ran down my arm and my taste buds were overwhelmed with deliciousness.  The lamb was cooked to perfection and was very juicy and flavorful and the pita was nearly unable to contain it's delicious cargo.  Despite being very full right now, I'm pretty sure that if someone were to set another one down in front of me I'd find room for it in my stomach somewhere.  That gyro made my whole day worthwhile.  Now I just need a power nap.

In unrelated news, also while on my lunchtime excursion, I witnessed a pick up truck with it's bed completely filled with nothing but rolls of toilet paper.  Sadly I was unable to get out my phone and take a picture of it in time so you'll just have to imagine it.  The point is, though, that I can think of but one word to adequately describe said vehicle & cargo - curious.  What need could there possibly be for that much toilet paper?  The quantity was enormous even if someone was supplying one of the downtown high rises.  Is it possible that I just witnessed the greatest toilet paper heist in recorded history?  Was someone planning on eating lunch at a mobile taco stand and simply preparing for the consequences?  These are questions that will never be answered and most likely will haunt me for the remainder of my days. 

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

Gyros are my favorite! It's what I always get when we go to the fair. First off I think it's the best deal for your money since everything (except the scones) are a total ripe off and it really does fill you up. Man I'm hungry now!