Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Facebook

Well, after resisting nearly constant prodding from several people, my will was finally broken and I'm now part of the cult of Facebook. Note that I did not say I signed up for Facebook. One "friend" finally got tired of harassing me and decided to put an end to it all by just creating a profile for me and telling me about it later.

I had been reticent for several reasons, including but not limited to:
After being coerced to sign up for myspace and thinking that was a waste of time, I wasn't interested in any more social networking.
I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon and am more naturally repelled by cultish things (like the iPhone).
I don't really see the point. Anybody I want to talk to I will just email.
I'm antisocial and hate people.
With a lot of people, it seems more of a contest to see who has the most friends than anything else. I really couldn't care less about that.

It's too late to turn back at this point though, and maybe I'll be able to find out what some old friends that I haven't seen in years are up to now. Particularly my old college roommate Dr. Ridgeway. I have a couple of friends from high school - Jesse and Juanito - that I'd like to find out what they are doing now too. Not to mention that since Grande Pescadoes seems to be dead again after a brief Lazarus-like revival, I need to get my daily dose of the big fish somewhere. And I think the Chuckman might even share some his wisdom with the world via Facebook and I don't want to miss out on that. But until some good starts to come of it, I'm bored with it already.
Post a Comment