Monday, July 06, 2009

Community Property

Rarely does a song come along that really touches you. Well, today when I was on my home I heard a song that at first I thought was just another crappy power ballad, but just as I was about to change the station I heard something that gave me pause. With my finger hovering above the next preset station, I had to stop and ask myself, "did I really just hear him sing 'my heart belongs to you, but my dong is community property'?" As it turns out, I did hear that and more. No, the song isn't very good, but where else would you hear such touching lyrics as, "If you were a hooker, you'd know I'd be happy to pay If suddenly you were a guy I'd be suddenly gay." Enjoy.



And just so I don't risk getting my blog blocked as being not safe for work, I'll just link to the lyrics here. And just so you don't get your hopes up about the song actually being good, let me just tell you up front that Steel Panther also has song titles like 'Fat Girl (Thar She Blows)', 'Death To All But Metal', and 'Asian Hooker'. This goes squarly in the comedy pile.

No comments: