Saturday, August 21, 2010

Little League World Series

I've never been all that interested in the Little League World Series, but for some reason I have been really enjoying watching the games the last couple days.  I would even go so far as to say I was excited to see Auburn come from behind to beat Minnesota.  I am disappointed, however not surprised, that none of the Auburn kids listed a Mariner as their favorite player.  One kid said Ken Griffey Jr but that's as close as anybody got.  Anyway, good luck to the Auburn kids and I hope they continue to win.

What I found even more interesting while flipping around today was that the Junior Softball World Series was also televised.  But that's not the surprising part.  It turns out that it was being played just about 3 miles down the road from me in Kirkland.  I'm in no shape to go this year, but if it's there again next year I would enjoy attending a game or two.  I watched as the girls from Puerto Rico won a close game against the girls from Tampa, FL.  It appeared to be high school aged girls.  I'm not sure how much of an award it is for girls from Florida and Puerto Rico to get to go to Kirkland, but congratulations anyway.

No comments: