Friday, May 13, 2011

The Spirit Carries On

They've been rock icons for a quarter century. They've sold over 10 million albums. But the unthinkable has happened. Drummer and founding member of Dream Theater, Mike Portnoy, has left the band. I've never seen a band audition before and I have to say that the process is fascinating.  7 drummers auditioned, and I can't really imagine how difficult it would be to choose between them.  But choose they did, and it was well worth the time invested to get to the big reveal.  It was interesting to see how different drummers play songs from their catalog and a big joy for me to get to see them jam and hear snippets of what may end up being songs on the next album.  I can't say enough good things about the following videos.  If you have any interest in music then you'll enjoy watching.







No comments: