Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Drink

Yesterday afternoon I stopped in Gelatiamo for a delicious gelato to enjoy in the sunshine.  While there I was salivating at the smell of the cinnamon bread they had there but when I saw that it was $12 a loaf I decided to pass.  Anyway, since then I've had a cinnamon craving.  Sipping my coffee at my desk this morning I thought that if I were to go to Starbucks I could sprinkle some delicious cinnamon into my coffee.  The drawback to this being that I didn't feel compelled to walk a block to buy coffee when I get free coffee in the building.  Necessity being the mother of invention, however, genius struck.  We have cinnamon apple herbal tea in the kitchens in the office, so I grabbed a tea bag and just like that a new drink was born - coffee tea. 

I don't know why it never occurred to anyone before to join forces of the worlds two most widely consumed beverages, but truth be told it was a little funky and I don't plan to attempt that particular combination again.  I remain undaunted though.  Just because the cinnamon apple tea didn't work doesn't mean that Earl Grey won't.  Some day when I really need to double down on the caffeine I might give it a try. 

No comments: