Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Luck

I know that a black cat crossing your path is very bad luck.  Last night, however, I had a raccoon cross my path while a menacing swan followed me honking and flapping it's wings.  Is that bad or good luck?  Or possibly indifferent luck?  I suppose it was good luck since neither of the animals attacked me, and for those of you who are thinking that a swan can't be menacing, know this:  they are large enough that their heads are at a very convenient crotch biting height.  I've never had a swan take a poke at my junk and I'd like to keep it that way.  I've met a few people that have been attacked by water fowl and I've been told that geese in particular can inflict some pain if they bite you.  Since swans are bigger I assume they can inflict just as much pain.  I got off on a bit of a tangent there, but feel free to weigh in on the luckiness or a raccoon and a swan crossing your path.

No comments: