Sunday, May 09, 2010

Tempted

If you're like me and don't like to shop, then this is the thing for you.  I just found out that from Costco, you can buy a one year supply of food for only $800.  I assume that it's designed with survivalists and the paranoid in mind, but it's also perfect for the lazy and antisocial.  I'm still slowly stroking my chin with my gaze up and to the left at the prospect of not having to set foot in a grocery store for an entire year. I might even save $800 a year in gas transporting myself to and from the store.  Actually, I don't think so, but it would save me a lot of time.  Enough time that I could waste on the internet.  I just wonder what the food tastes like and what is required to prepare it.  It sounds as though a great deal of it is freeze dried, so some means of rehydration would be necessary. 

Since I don't have the storage space for that much food and have no plans to build a bomb shelter, it's probably not practical but at under $3 a day, it's very economical.  I think I'm going to have to order a smaller portion to test it before going for the whole year supply.  If nothing else, it would be a cheap and easy lunch option and would save a lot of money over buying lunch each day.  Perhaps a review will be on the way if I do order something, but if anyone has tried this I'm interested to hear how it tastes and how difficult it is to prepare.

No comments: