Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Microwave Pork Rinds

Yesterday while in South Seattle, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to stop by the happiest place on earth.  No, not Disneyland like the Madison Avenue marketing bigwigs would have you believe, the Oberto outlet store.  After loading up on hot links, summer sausage, pepperoni sticks and beef jerkey, the wonderful folks working there rewarded me with a free box of microwave pork rinds.  I'm not a big fan of pork rinds so I would never buy them myself but I'm certainly willing to give them a try for free.  It turns out they taste a lot like warm pork rinds.  Who would have guessed?  I won't be buying any more, but they are edible, and I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.  Or the rind.  I think the primary appeal is novelty, so if you're interested you should run out and get some while they are still available. 

No comments: