Sunday, April 18, 2010

The End Is In Sight

The last couple of months have been exceptionally stressful.  But as successive hurdles have been cleared, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  After training very hard for the last several months, I tested for and earned my black belt 3 weeks ago.  Then last week I filed my taxes and checked that off the list and also made it down to the emissions testing facility and got my emissions tested and my license renewed.  But the big macro was closing escrow and officially becoming a home owner.  I never would have guessed what a pain in the ass purchasing a home was, but after getting my keys and filing my taxes on the same day, I breathed a big sigh of relief and collapsed in my chair in exhaustion. 

Now one last major hurdle remains before I can fully relax.  I need to move.  I am planning on moving small stuff all this week before getting a truck and moving all the furniture on Saturday the 24th.  Anyone willing to come help either on Saturday or on any days during the week would be greatly appreciated.  "I was there to help Scott move" t-shirts will be awarded, and participants will be nourished with double down "sammiches". 

Also, a proper name for the new abode needs to be settled upon.  Crawford Castle seems the obvious moniker but is not original.  Crawford Manor has a nice ring to it, and just yesterday I came up with Crawtopia which I feel is pretty solid.  The House of Fu is right out, but I haven't ruled out Awesome Villa just yet.  I'll keep you posted as this exciting story develops.




*Update*

There will be no need for a doormat as one kind friend has promised the one pictured to the left as a house warming gift.  Also, The Crawplex is now under consideration....

No comments: