Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day

I got up this morning and headed out the door to catch the bus to work.  As luck would have it, the bus was running late which gave me time to call the office closure line and that's when I found out the office was closed.  I looked out the window before I left and the roads didn't look bad so it didn't occur to me that the office might be closed until I got down there and saw that there was almost zero traffic.  I decided to take this opportunity to snap a few photos.  It's a class 5 kill storm!



I was trying to frame the nearly full moon that was in the background but it didn't show up in any of the pictures so you'll just have to imagine it's there.  It was as clear as could be to the naked eye, I'm just not a good enough photographer to know how to capture it. 

I also decided to take the opportunity to search youtube for videos of people driving in the snow and found this gem:


And also this unrelated video which I had to watch:


Stay home and be safe and warm.  It's time for me to make some coffee to warm myself up, it hasn't broken the 20º barrier at my place yet.

No comments: