Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dreams

I rarely remember my dreams but I had a very vivid one the other night.  I dreamed that I went downtown and when I arrived I saw that there had been some terrible accident and the Space Needle was badly damaged.  Part of the base had been damaged and the entire building was slanted like the leaning tower of Pisa.  In addition a large section of the disc section at the top had broken off and said disc was also tilted at an alarming angle.  I never did quite figure out what caused it but somehow reached the conclusion that it was the result of an earthquake even though no other buildings were damaged.  What really bothered me though was that while I stood there staring at it in shock with my mouth agape, the rest of the people in the city seemed to have accepted that accidents happen and were going about their day more or less unaffected.  And after staring for a while, I accepted it myself and moved on and found myself in a part of town I was unfamiliar with that seemed to be filled with nothing but Mediterranean restaurants and I ate a gyro.  It was good.  I don't remember the rest of the dream or perhaps there was no more.  I don't know what it all means.