Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Something I Never Thought I'd See

Driving home Sunday evening I was briefly stuck behind somebody driving erratically.  His speed was inconsistent and he seemed to have trouble staying in his lane.  He was driving by Braille - drifting over until he hit the lane markers and then jerking back.  I wondered if he was drunk or if he was talking on the phone, but more importantly I wanted to get away from him as soon as I could.  So when I finally got a chance to move over to the next lane and pass him I did and looked in the window as I drove by to see which it was.  It turned out to be a third option that I hadn't considered.  I could see part of a head visible above his lap.  I don't know what kind of psychosis causes people to risk their lives and those of the people around them for a moment of pleasure, but it's troubling how stupid people are.  I suppose if I had a car I didn't care about I could have hit him causing his girlfriend to bite down, but I don't need my insurance rates going up.  But I endorse anyone else resorting to vigilante justice if they happen to see this kind of activity.

No comments: