Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Prince Fielder

Prince Fielder is now officially a Detroit Tiger and any Mariners fans holding out hope that we would sign him can close that book now.  And before the ink dried on the 9 year $214,000,000 contract, I let out a sigh of relief that the Mariners didn't spend that ridiculous amount of money on him.  He will most likely be quite productive for the next few years, but you can't deny the fact that a huge, long term contract and a fat man who loves his lucky gravy and dislikes exercise is a bad combination.  I wish Prince and the Tigers the best of luck, but I can almost guarantee you that in less than 5 years the rest of MLB will be thankful they don't have that albatross around their necks. 

In other news, it is very windy tonight.  It's noisy enough that I think I'll have trouble sleeping, and I fear a power outage.  High winds after the ground has been softened by substantial precipitation is a recipe for trees falling on power lines.  And no power in January is a recipe for a cold Scott. 

Finally, I got some coupons in the mail from the brand new Little Caesars that just opened up in Kirkland, and after a discussion with friends as to whether or not this is a good thing (of course it is), I came to the realization that I think I like cheap pizza.  As long as it's not Dominos.  I know that every few years they claim they've improved their quality and it doesn't suck anymore, but I still don't want any.  Little Caesars, though, does remind me of better times - eating lots of it during college.  I must admit I'm a little disappointed that it's not square anymore though.

1 comment:

Ibe Family said...

Little Ceasar's Rocks!