Thursday, November 10, 2011

Veterans Day

It's time once again to thank all of the brave men and women both currently serving and retired from active duty who have risked their lives for my freedom and safety.  Nothing I can say will ever come close to expressing the gratitude I feel. 

Usually I observe Veterans Day by watching a war movie, however I don't know if there are any left that I haven't seen.  I watched Band of Brothers again earlier this year and its companion series The Pacific (which was disappointing in comparison).  I watched Patton on Memorial Day.  It's been a while since I've seen The Longest Day or A Bridge Too Far, but I feel like I need something other than WWII or Vietnam.  I don't know if there are any films about the Grenada invasion, I couldn't find one on google.  I kind of feel like watching Tropic Thunder again, is that too disrespectful?  Maybe I should watch We Were Soldiers, I haven't seen that in a few years.  I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: