Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tuna Tang

I recently became aware of tuna flavored Tang.  Since clam juice exists, the concept of a seafood beverage isn't unheard of, however it still doesn't seem too appealing.  The good news is that no fish were harmed in the making of this beverage.  The truth is that 'tang' is the Mexican word for the fruit that grows on a cactus.  And from the picture on the package it's plain to see that it's a fruit of some sort.  The bad news is that, from what I've read on the internet, it would taste better if it actually were fish flavored.  I must admit that I am now somewhat curious, so if anyone has a trip to Mexico in their future, be on the lookout for a packet of tuna Tang and smuggle it back across the border for me to try.  I'll report back with a fair and honest review.

No comments: