Friday, December 11, 2009

Smell

My gloves have begun to smell bad, so I did what anybody would do - I sprayed them with a generous dose of lysol and hung them up to dry in my bathroom. Now my bathroom smells like lysol and locker room funk. So is there any way to kill a stink other than lysol, or did I not spray them enough?
In unrelated news, I'm glad I wasn't seated next to this guy on my recent flight. According to this site, this is an actual, undoctored photo taken by an unhappy flight attendant. It's hard for me to imagine that this isn't a safety concern since he's blocking the aisle, not to mention that there is no way for the flight attendants to push the cart through. I can't tell if the arm rests fold up, or if he is sitting on it, which would be another safety concern. With the continually expanding waist line in the US, I can't help wondering how long it will be until the FAA or airlines arrive at a solution to this issue. This is growing more commonplace.

In still more unrelated news, my thumb hurts.

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

For the stinky smell you could always try sprinkling baking soda in your gloves. It should absorb the smell and any sweat. Or vinegar is good too. Put some regular old white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it in her gloves. It might stink like vinegar in the beginning, but once it dries vinegar takes the odor with it. I used it in our laundry and on our carpets to remove odors.