Monday, November 09, 2009

Delicious Art

Throughout history, artists have experimented with many different mediums: oil on canvas, chalk on sidewalks, Elvis on velvet. It wasn't until today that I discovered a new and deeper appreciation of art. What makes these particular paintings unique is that former barista Karen Eland, in what can only be described as a stroke of genius, decided to recreate masterpieces by using coffee instead of paint. Not only am I drawn in by my love of the world's most delicious brewed refreshment, but the paintings themselves turned out surprisingly well. I don't know what these sell for, but I would be proud to have one hanging on the wall of my humble abode.




And if you prefer photos to paintings, I also found this breath taking image today. I don't know where this was taken, but I want to live there.

3 comments:

THE MOLITOR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE MOLITOR said...

That IS impressive. If you find out how to purchase these, let me know!

j. said...

beautiful paintings.lovely photograph.

funny "hammer" story.or is it scary?hehe.

have a good day.