Sunday, April 01, 2012

April Fool's Day

After seeing this short video on the history of April Fool's Day, which may or may not be accurate, I'm thinking of adopting the time honored tradition of attempting to covertly tape a picture of a fish to someone's back.  I'm not entirely sure how that makes them look foolish, but it sounds like fun anyway.


In other news,season 2 of The Killing is starting shortly and I'm pretty excited about that.  Hopefully this season we'll find out who killed Rosie Larson.  For those of you who haven't seen it, it's a riveting murder mystery that takes place here in Seattle, although it is actually filmed in Vancouver, and all you see of Seattle are aerial establishing shots - kind of a pet peeve of mine.  Anyway, it's based on the  wildly popular (or so I'm told) Danish series Forbrydelsen and follows 2 homicide detectives as the try to find who murdered high school senior Rosie Larson.  Was it her teacher? The city councilman, whose campaign owns the car in which her body was found?  Was it the family friend?  Was it the scumbag classmate?  Was it someone else?  Anyway, like most of the content on AMC these days, it is very well done and I highly recommend it.  I also recommend checking out the Season 1 recap if you are unfamiliar with the show to get yourself up to speed.  You can thank me later.

No comments: