Monday, November 07, 2011

Smooth Criminal

At some point last week a terrible cover of Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal came on the radio.  What made this cover so bad was that the band performed it - Alien Ant Farm according to the internet - turned it into an alternative song.  This is exactly why I rarely listen to KNDD - I don't want bad music burrowing into my head like the worm that Khan put into Chekov's ear in Star Trek II.  And if you're wondering, yes I did shriek in agony just like Chekov when I heard that song.  The problem here is that I heard just enough of it that it keeps getting stuck in my head.  And here's the weird part - it only happens at work for some reason.  I don't know what it is about this desk that it torments me with bad music, maybe it's possessed. 

If you haven't heard the cover, do yourself a favor and don't go out and listen to it.  It's worse than the heavy metal cover of Come On Eileen that I had planned years ago and, fortunately for all, never followed through on.  I still think a Canyonero cover is a good idea though.  I know a few people in bands and have tried to talk them into performing a live cover but my pleas have fallen on deaf ears.  It smells like a steak and seats 35.  Since I refuse to link to Alien Ant Farm, here's the Canyonero song instead. 

Anyway, long story short, if you've got any songs that will dislodge Alien Ant Farm from my brain, let me know.

No comments: