Thursday, May 31, 2007

Loch Ness Monster and Other News

Exciting new footage of the Loch Ness Monster has been taken that that afficianados say is among the finest ever taken. I think that shows just how bad all the previous footage has been. I remain unimpressed.

More interesting is the fact that a Seattle man know as the "Spam King" has been arrested on 35 counts of mail and wire fraud, aggravated identity theft, money laundering and fraud in connection with electronic mail. Unfortunately I think somebody else will just step into the void he's leaving, but at least there is hope that we are beginning to win the war on spam.

Finally, this isn't news, but on the bus in to work this morning, I noticed a middle aged woman reading a book titled 'A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian'. I was absolutely baffled as to why anyone would be interested in Eastern European tractors. It turns out, however that this is just a dumb name for a romance novel. I would actually have been more impressed with the woman had she been reading about tractors.

No comments: